Left Image

Left Image

Center Image

Center Image

Right Image

Right Image

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Epiphany

I know this is my 3rd post this week, but it was too funny (or scary) to pass up. While trying to think of the right word for this experience I had to consult a dictionary, but it turns out the word "epiphany" hit it right on the nose. Epiphany - a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience. This is exactly what this experience was. Rylee was really hper this afternoon, but I knew she had to be tired because she hadn't taken a morning nap. So, finally I just put her in the crib to wait for her to go to sleep. I could hear her sitting in there jabbering and playing for a while, then she went quiet. I figured she had probably just finally gotten tired and fallen asleep so I went in to check on her. This is what I found:
Here is the epiphany part - have you ever seen one of those kids that is just completely out of control and wonder if their parents ever looked at him/her and contemplated how they ended up in this situation? Wonder how they didn't see it happening all along? I caught a glimpse into the future when I played this back and realized that this is that moment for me. When your child is too tired to even lay down before falling asleep, you have to wonder what the future holds ...

No comments:

Post a Comment