Left Image

Left Image

Center Image

Center Image

Right Image

Right Image

Friday, July 2, 2010

Stay At Home


My first week as a stay-at-home mom has been a very busy one.  Rylee and I spent the week cleaning the house, making home-cooked meals, cleaning out our junk room (which is a huge understatement), going for walks, baking cookies, playing in the yard, reading books, and much more.  We got to see our flowers begin to bloom after a long, wet spring:


We also made a first attempt at potty training.  After several days and many, many, many accidents, though, we decided that neither of us are really ready.  So we have happily gone back to diapers and will enjoy our summer some before trying again.  (Luckily I got this picture in on the first day while she still thought it was just a fun game or something:)

We also set up the pool in our backyard and enjoyed the sunshine.  Now all Rylee ever wants to do is go swimming.  (Which is completely fine with me!  I would live in the pool if I could get away with it.)  These little floaties weren't really what we thought we were buying, but she had fun making the froggies "swim" around the pool anyway:

We have tons of plans for our summer at home together and can't wait for all the fun!  There are closets to clean out, songs to sing, camping trips to pack for, bubbles to blow, more swimming to enjoy, pictures to color, books to read, yummy treats to bake, walks to the library to enjoy, and the list goes on and on!  We are very lucky to have this chance to be home together and, believe me, we are enjoying every second of it!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are enjoying being at home! I also love it.. most days. :)

    ReplyDelete